Omschrijving / Description
If you have the ambition to achieve professional growth, this course offers you the opportunity to learn more about reading drawings, specifically focused on non-residential buildings.
Resultaat / Result
You will learn how to read structural drawings and system drawings used in the non-residential building sector. You will also learn how to identify the routes of pipes and ducts from drawings.
Doelgroep / Audience
Intended for beginning insulation installers who have been working in the non-residential building sector for a very short time or who want to deepen their expertise to prepare themselves for career advancement.
Inhoud / Content
The course is a mix of theory and practice:
- Background on the construction process and position of insulation companies in this process
- Structural drawings with a key, shadings and symbols
- Exercises with structural drawings and a concluding assignment
- Systems in the non-residential building sector
- System drawings with a key, symbols and abbreviations
- Acoustic and fire-resistant insulation
- Exercises in sketching American and isometric projections
- Exercises in transposing and converting American projections to isometric projections
- Exercises with system drawings.
Examen / Exam
The theoretical part is concluded with a test in the form of an assignment. The practical assignment is assessed and participants who pass both the theory test and practical test will receive an OOI certificate.
Vooropleiding / Pre-training
This course requires quite a quite extensive work experience in the non-residential building sector.
The course dates vary, and will be scheduled in mutual consultation. The course is given at the OOI training centre and in-company. A maximum of six participants must have registered for this course.