Omschrijving / Description
This course will teach you all the basic principles you need to master for the processing of ThermaSmart pipe insulation. We will main discuss the insulation of pipes for air conditioning and refrigeration systems. This course covers all techniques available to make systems vapour tight and energy-efficient.
Resultaat / Result
This course will teach you to master the basic principles you need to grasp to carry out all tasks involved in the application of thermoplastic elastomer pipe insulation in refrigeration systems.
Doelgroep / Audience
Intended for all insulation installers.
Inhoud / Content
The course consists of a theoretical and a practical part:
- Tools for processing thermoplastic elastomer
- General processing
- Processing for air conditioning and refrigeration applications
- The right way of gluing parts together
- Thermaflex pipe insulation with self-adhesive closure
- Cutting Thermaflex pipe insulation
- Cutting segment bends
- Bend 90°
- Bend 45°
- Segment bend with 1 intermediate section
- Segment bend with 2 intermediate sections
- Segment bend with 3 intermediate sections
- Bends with compression fittings
- Straight connection
- Processing Thermaflex pipe support
- Wet bonding
Examen / Exam
The course is concluded with a practical and theoretical test. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive an OOI certificate.
Vooropleiding / Pre-training
Some experience with installing cold insulation is required.
The course dates vary, and will be scheduled in mutual consultation. The course is given at the OOI training centre in Woerden and in-company.