Omschrijving / Description
This advanced course you will deepen your understanding of the practical, safe and systematic processing of AF/Armaflex to ensure vapour tight insulation for all cold insulation applications (in technical areas). You will gain more insight into the processing of AF/Armaflex in combination with Armafix/AF, and into the properties of this insulation material, installation instructions for pipe supports and the processing of Armaflex in tubing and sheets. This course also covers ArmaComfort acoustic insulation.
Resultaat / Result
The course will enable you to supervise and instruct other Armaflex processors. Once you have successfully completed this course, the company you work for can get certified and make use of the Armacell Warranty Plan, a five-year project warranty plan.
Doelgroep / Audience
Intended for all-round insulation installers and insulation sheet metal workers
Inhoud / Content
The course is mix of theory and practice:
- In-depth coverage of theory
- Victaulic couplings
- Processing conditions and work method
- Consumption of materials and cost-awareness
- Occurrence of condensation
- Thermal decoupling of suspension points in cold insulation
- Acoustic insulation using ArmaComfort
- Auxiliary materials and tools
- Insulating pipes and bends with sheet metal sections (in two layers)
- T-piece of 90º with unequal diameters
- Valves 90º + Filter 45º
- Insulating pipe supports
- Insulating with ArmaComfort AB Alu plus
Examen / Exam
The course is concluded with a practical and theoretical test. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive an OOI/Armacell certificate. The work pieces made for the practical test will be assessed based on all the created components.
Vooropleiding / Pre-training
You must have an 'Insulation Installer' certificate or 'Processor / Elastomers 1' OOI certificate, or extensive experience with elastomers.
The course dates vary, and will be scheduled in mutual consultation. The course is given at the OOI training centre and in-company.