Omschrijving / Description
AF/Armaflex, manufactured by Armacell, is an insulation material commonly used for cold insulation; its technical properties include water vapour diffusion, thermal conductivity and fire resistance. This course will give you insight into the correct processing of AF/Armaflex.
Resultaat / Result
This course will teach you to carry out cold installation work using AF/Armaflex (behind the ceiling) in a practical, safe and systematic way with the right technique, so that the vapour tightness of the insulation is guaranteed. The course will enable the company you work for to be certified and to make use of the Armacell Warranty Plan.
Doelgroep / Audience
Insulation installers and insulation sheet metal workers.
Inhoud / Content
The course consists of a theoretical and a practical part:
- Specific insulation theory related to AF/Armaflex
- Basic concepts and product knowledge
- Auxiliary materials
- Work method
- Cutting to size and gluing together moulded parts made out of tubing, such as a segment bend, elbow, 90º T-piece with equal diameters, and 45º T-piece with equal diameters.
- Making a drawing to scale for and creating a sheet metal bend
- Insulating system components
- Wet bonding
Examen / Exam
The course is concluded with a practical and theoretical test. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive an OOI/Armacell certificate.
Vooropleiding / Pre-training
Some experience with installing cold insulation is required.
The course dates vary, and will be scheduled in mutual consultation. The course is given at the OOI training centre and in-company.