Omschrijving / Description
Do you work in the insulation sector in a position other than in the execution of insulation work and would you like to know more about the profession? This course will give you an understanding of the purpose and the different aspects of insulating.
Resultaat / Result
The course material for this course will give you an understanding of the purpose and functions of insulation for cold, hot and soundproofing applications. Furthermore, you will experience in a practical sense how to work with different insulation and auxiliary materials.
Doelgroep / Audience
Intended for those who work in the insulation sector in other positions than the execution of insulation work, such as office workers and buyers.
Inhoud / Content
The course focuses mainly on insulation theory, and to a lesser extent on practical exercises:
- The purpose of insulating
- Principles in thermodynamics (heat transfer)
- Properties of insulation materials
- Types of insulation materials
- Types of applications in insulation engineering
- Cold insulation and condensation
- Safety in insulation engineering
- Acoustic insulation
- Finishings of insulation materials
- Fire prevention
- Processing several types of insulation materials.
Examen / Exam
This course doe not include an exam; at the end of the course day you will receive a certificate of participation from OOI.
Vooropleiding / Pre-training
No prior training or relevant work experience is required for this course.
The course dates vary, and will be scheduled in mutual consultation. The course is given at the OOI training centre and in-company.